Evaluation of school magazine

On my front cover I have used the following codes and conventions of existing school magazines.
I used a colour scheme of three colours, dark blue, light blue and white. Colour schemes of three colours are commonly used on all magazines including school magazines, the three colours mean that there are enough colours in the page but not too much that it looks over the top and cluttered.
I made my title big on the front cover so that you are instantly attracted to it when you look at the cover. I used a medium close up of a student as a main image on my front cover and had two smaller images which linked with my stories on the front. I had no barcode on my front cover as this is not needed in a school magazine as it is free and doesn’t need to be scanned and I included an issue number which when I researched school magazines was on all of them, this is so that issues can be kept and easily recognised. On my contents page I used the following codes and conventions of school magazines. I used a white background which was inspired from looking at ‘fusion’ magazine which I looked at first. I used headings to show what is on each page this writing is bigger than the descriptions, and I used page numbers so pages were easily identified. Also I stuck to my colour scheme of dark blue, light blue and white so that they matched and look professional.

I have learnt a lot from making my front cover and contents page, including how to use the camera well to get good photos, I learnt how to adjust the aperture to let different amounts of light in to the shot, I learnt how to change the shutter speed and how this effects the photo, I found that the shutter speed was best on a shorter time whilst taking shots of my models. I also learnt how to use the manual focus to get the shot in focus.
I made my magazine and contents page on Photoshop from this I learnt lots of new skills using different tools, I used the brightening tools on my photos to adjust the lighting, shadows and contrast of the photos, I also used the spot healing brush to remove imperfections on my models face, and I also got more comfortable using layers and working out how important it is to arrange and have separate things on different layers so that I could easily rearrange objects on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment